Below is a list of relatively recent travel destinations & lengths of stay.
At the beginning of of 2013, I thought for sure I’d have to stop going away as often as I’d become accustomed to. I rented a new apartment alone (miss my roomies!), started my Master’s, and leased a new car all in the same month – my bank account hated me. When you want something bad enough, though, you make it happen; it ended up being an incredible year travel-wise.
Though I’m not proud of it, I am notorious for being impossible to get in touch with (let alone face-to-face! e` uno scherzo!).. These past few years, I’ve worked full-time at a kennel and part-time as a realtor and tutor, in addition to being a full-time grad student and interning once a week. However, I feel like if I waited until I “have more time,” I may never do the things I want to do or see the places I’m dying to visit (some over and over, like my Italy ;)). I’d rather travel often and in small doses than not at all; I’ll take what I can get!
I don’t make a lot of money by any means, but I like to think I’m smart with what I have. There’s a separate post offering budgeting tips that have at least worked well for me!
- January/February: Italy (1 month)
- April: Costa Rica (4 nights)
- June: Italy (3 nights)
- October: Italy (3 nights)
- November: Florida (2 nights) & St. Maarten (3 nights)
- December: Czech Republic & Germany (2 nights)
- March: Italy & France (4 nights)
- June: Ireland (2 nights)
- July: Italy (3 nights)
- August: Chicago (1 night)
- September: Norway (2 nights)
- October: Italy & Switzerland (1 night!)
- December: Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein (2 nights)
- February: Italy (2 nights)
- March: Iceland (2 nights)
- April: North Carolina (1 night) & Italy (3 nights)
- May: Italy (2 nights)
- August: Italy (3 month stay) & Sicily (3 nights)
- September: Italy (3 month stay), Slovenia (1 day), & Croatia (1 day)
- October: Italy (3 month stay)
- February: Austria (1 night)
- March: Poland & Germany (2 nights), Florida (2 nights)
- April: Italy (2 nights)
- June: Netherlands & Belgium (2 nights), Chicago (1 night)
- August: Italy (2 nights)
- September: Italy (3 nights)
- October: Chicago (1 night)
- December: Spain & Italy (6 nights)